Friday, March 12, 2004

Former DC lawyer killed in Iraq

man, this is a serious bummer.

She is a beacon of bravery for going into Iraq to help ensure that women gain rights under the new constitution -- similar to what I would like to do with my legal career for other 'nations' as they move from terrorist-tyrranies to responsible members of an international community that supports human rights and dignity for all.

it takes a lot of courage to give up your cushy DC job and move into uncharted territory in an unstable region. You really have to give up thinking about yourself and put other people's needs before your own. I'm even more impressed that she was younger than me.

in some ways, her death makes me more resolute in wanting to pursue similar endeavors in the future. I can only hope to be half as brave and selfless in my endeavors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home