Tuesday, October 28, 2003

why I'm beginning to like my class...

It turns out that Mr. Ringleader-of-the-hate-crew doesn't spend his whole day talking smack about me...

He talks smack about everybody! (as long as they aren't around).

why is this a good thing?

Well, first: at least I'm not the only victim here. Second, it demonstrates the infantile behavior that seems to pervade certain people who are too young to understand that they are just making asses of themselves.

so, I'm not going to think about this any more.

but before I leave the topic, I have to say that this group spent more than an hour of time today talking about this wonderful, cute, extremely intelligent girl who is about the nicest person in our class.

this girl reads 500 books a year! you have to respect that. apparently, they seemed to have a problem with the fact that she was: a) reading something other than law books, and b) she was reading the book when she could just go see the movie! (heaven forbid!)

Q: why on earth would they want to tear her apart publicly?

A: because she is going to get one of the highest grades in the class, and instead of just respecting her, they have to make up for being threatened by tearing her apart.

this is a serious character flaw that is becoming infectious in my section.

I felt vindicated in my criticism of Mr. Ringleader today in Property. The professor points out a footnote in the case, then asks: a) how many actually read the footnote? and b) who actually read the footnote carefully?

The Prof. launches into one of his diatribes in which he says...laypeople don't read footnotes, they hate them. but we're lawyers... that's what they are paying us to do...read the fine print. he brought up UCC 2-207 and the "battle of forms" -- here is where reading the fine print pays off...million dollar cases are won and lost on the fine print.

I glanced back to see this guy hanging his head down, and scratching the beginning-to-form-bald-spot on his head.

hee hee hee. I just love it.

I've been saying this from the beginning -- the exam questions are in the footnotes. read them, know them, love them.

so enough said. I'm not going to blog about these silly fools any more (unless, of course, something comes up so outrageous I can't leave it alone. this blog is, after all, my stress and comic relief.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home