Sunday, July 25, 2004

Caspi the magic dragon...

so I decided Caspi was the best name, it was the only one that elicited any response from the li'l guy.

today's big adventure was going outside for the first time.  I put Caspi into a plastic tub on the balcony, and set his water dish in there.  he gaped for just a second, sought out some shade for a few minutes, then took a little swim in his water dish.  then he made a little poop in there (water does that!). 

I noticed when he was outside that he started to change color a bit, some yellows came out.  This is a good sign that if he gets enough sun, he will develop some color when he gets older.  I want to give him at least a 1/2 hour or so every few days.  This helps with D3 and makes sure he absorbs all the calcium he needs. 

I'm also thinking of switching his "sun" from a red heat lamp to a mercury vapor UV spotlight.  I think he needs more light to be sure he doesn't develop calcium deficiency.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home