Wednesday, October 08, 2003

pennies from heaven?

every day for the past week and a half or so, I have found at least one penny lying on the ground. at first I thought this was neat, but now it has become a weird phenomenon.
today, I found three!

being reluctant to assign divine providence to my finds, I have contemplated several mundane reasons for this phenomenon:

1. I spend too much time looking at the ground,
2. I walk in the wake of people with holes in their pockets,
3. the low-rise jeans fad precludes most women from stooping to pick up a lucky penny -- especially if they lack the necessary low-rise thong.
4. the economy is in such an upswing that a penny is not worth the time it takes to pick it up,
5. people actually believe the superstition that a penny face-down is bad luck (as opposed to the good luck face-up penny)

whatever the reason, if it keeps up, I may have found my secret scholarship fund.

at this rate, in three weeks I may have found enough change to buy a cup of coffee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home