Saturday, October 11, 2003

funny in farsi...

I just returned from an International House, Berkeley alumni reunion, and had the pleasure of meeting Firoozeh Dumas, who just wrote the most hilarious book, Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing up Iranian in America.

She read one chapter, which had me in stitches nearly every sentence!

It turns out that this year's "Orange County Reads One Book" program has designated Ms. Dumas' book at THE book to read this year.

I urge everyone to pick up a copy.

The reunion was lovely and intimate. Surprisingly, there were several alumni from my years spent there, and (not quite so) surprisingly, there were a large number of couples who met their spouses at I-House (myself included).

The phenomenon continues... breaking down cultural barriers one marriage at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home