Monday, October 13, 2003

strikes here, strikes there...

strikes everywhere!

so the UFCWU (grocery worker's union) is on strike all over LA. No Ralph's, no Von's, no Albertson's. I cannot cross picket lines.

but to add insult to injury, besides not being able to buy food, the MTA transit authority is going on strike at midnight tonight! this means that I won't even be able to get to school!

if that weren't enough, the LA cops are on 'wildcat strike' -- sicking out randomly.

What is up with LA???

I absolutely hate driving in LA, and with no busses or trains running, the freeway is going to be a nightmare more than usual.

Looks like a 5am wakeup call is in order...if I hit the road by 5:30a, I might actually make it to school before my 8:30a class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home