Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Zoinky?

a very important work has crept into my vocabulary, via my fiancee and Scooby Doo.
so in case it shows up in my postings, one should have a definition to work with. example sentences are phrases often heard flowing from my sweetheart's mouth to further explain.

definition:
ZOINK (verb) = 1. to cause a person to be shocked, dismayed, scared, surprised, annoyed, or discombobulated; 2. to cause a person to shout "zoinks!" as Shaggy and Scooby often do when confronted with a sudden scary situation. "Please don't zoink out my morning by playing NPR at 5:00am." (utilizing the annoying and discombobulating definition.)
a) zoinky (adjective) = shocking, scary, surprising, annoying. "I don't like your zoinky mustang." (utilizing the standard scary definition.)
b) zoinker (noun) = something that zoinks a person or a thing. "That NPR is a real morning zoinker." (utilizing the discombobulating definition.)
c) zoinks (exclamation) = something one shouts when suddenly becoming zoinked. "Zoinks! I can't believe you haven't bought health insurance yet!" (utilizing the shocked, dismayed definition.)
d) zoinking ("ing" verb) = can be used very much like the verb form. usually followed by the word "out" as a verb combination. "There should be a compromise so that you can listen to NPR without zoinking out my morning."

I wonder if webster's wanders the blogosphere?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home