Thursday, August 05, 2004

Eye poppin'!

well, caspi really shed today. I thought he did it last week when he shed the tail, but today has been a shed extravaganza.

the best part is the eye popping! he's got a little skin stuck around his eyes, and he shuts them, and then blows air into his eyes so they bulge out. its kinda freaky and cool at the same time.

I was completely freaking out over the last few days about how he looked like a shrinky dink. His skin was getting all saggy and I thought he was dehydrated. I kept giving him baths and spritzing him.

it turns out that this is normal when bearded dragons begin to shed.

I'm very relieved, and caspi is jumping around like normal again. he's really an amazing jumper.

I have to be very careful because he almost jumped out of his bathtub yesterday. I don't think he'll last more than a few more weeks in it before he gets too big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home