Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I guess I'm going to ride, ride the white horse...

MTA strike, Day 1

Woke up at 5a, NPR promptly warning me that the strike is on.

Foregoing the shower, I thought it best to hit the road as early as possible.

Hopped into my '66 Mustang at 5:30, grabbed some coffee, and hit the 101.

It was lovely, smooth, and no more traffic than usual at O'Dark thirty. It took me only 1/2 an hour to get to school!

My mustang loves driving in LA. Unfortunately, I don't take her out as often as she deserves. I need to do some minor cosmetic things, like get a paint job. My 10 year old backyard paint job is flaking off, exposing her lovely body, so I try not to expose her to the elements.

Owning a mustang is sort of a money pit, but it is one of those things that you can just never get rid of. It is inextricably part of your soul.

UPDATE: the drive home. got on the road about 4:45, only took 1/2 hour to get home. traffic was dense, but we were moving.

what I can't figure out is how I can get home going 30 mph in the same amount of time it took to drive in going 60 mph...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home